WS25 WindowTape is a self-adhering, self-sealing waterproofing tape designed for use around windows, doors, building seams and in general construction. It is composed of a white polymer film that is coated with an aggressive Broad Temperature Spectrum (BTS™) asphalt adhesive. A release liner protects the adhesive and is removed as the tape is installed.
The BTS™ adhesive self-seals around punctures such as nails and staples. This advanced system bonds to all common building and window materials and seals around fasteners to prevent damage caused by water penetration.
WS25 WindowTape offers the contractor and property owner these extra features:
- Proven and patented, polymer construction resists exposure to ultraviolet rays.
- Aggressive Broad Temperature Spectrum (BTS) adhesive sticks to all common building materials and remains flexible at low temperatures.
- Adheres to prepared substrates of plywood, OSB, masonry, aluminum, vinyl, steel, drywall, insulation board, and house wrap.
- Prevents water, air, insect, and noise infiltration. Helps to prevent mold and mildew.
- Easy-to-remove release liner.
- Uniform thickness for dependable protection.
- Self-seals around fasteners including nails and staples.
- Eliminates Leaks – multiple layers of protection seal out water.
- BTS adhesive won’t crack or dry out (when properly installed).
- May be left exposed for 30 days.
Install on the window sill to protect against moisture that can contribute to rot, mold and mildew. Use to seal the window flange to the building wall in new construction to prevent window leaks, seal around doors, under siding, exterior plaster, sill plates and wall joints, or in any application where the membrane is protected from long-term ultraviolet exposure.
AVAILABLE SIZES: Width 4", 6", 9", 12" and 18", Length 75' and 100'
NOTE: James Hardie® warns against the use of aluminized surface flashing tape because the aluminum adversely reacts to the fiber cement. Tamlyn Window Tape is made with a polyethylene film facing and does not adversely react to fiber cement. Contact your James Hardie® representative for recommendations on Window Tape used in contact with their siding products
STORAGE: Clean and dry inside storage is preferable. If you are installing in cool weather, store material inside at room temperature for 24 hours prior to installation. Keeping the roll warm will improve the adhesiveness of the material when you install it